Website Recoverycoa Facilities
1-833-RCA-JOBS | (1-833-722-5627)h
Transportation Support Specialist
Position Overview: The Transportation Support Specialist provides transportation to patients to and from treatment, and to destinations such as medical appointments, urgent care visits, and other locations as directed by the Administrative Manager in a safe and timely manner, adhering to strict time schedules. The Transportation Support Specialist may also assist in patient care activities to include assisting patients with daily schedules, monitoring patient safety/rounding, leading patients in educational and recreational activities, and accompanying patients to and from examinations and treatments.
- Transports patients and/or staff
- Performs and documents daily vehicle inspections to ensure safety
- Performs all aspects of patient belongings processing for new admissions and resulting from visitation, including search, debugging and deliver
- Monitors patient activities, provides security checks, completes documentation to include but not limited to, rounds sheet, Incident reports, records patient behavior
- Manage high-risk or re-engagement incidents
- Communicates with program leadership/administrator on-call any identified needs regarding safety, vehicle and/or transportation issues
- Communicates with inter-disciplinary departments regarding new admissions, discharges, and transfers
- Performs other assigned duties when patient transportation needs are low
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience:
- Valid state driver’s license
- Acceptable MVR
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience as a driver/transportation support specialist preferred
- 6 months experience in health and human service-related field preferred
- Maintains CPR certification
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload
- Proficiency with all technology hardware, systems and tools required to perform duties; training will be provided as needed.
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a supervisor that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Impact and Influence: Works effectively with and through others including those whom there is no formal authority over.
Time Management: Uses his or her time effectively and efficiently; concentrates his/her efforts on the most important priorities; adeptly handles several tasks at once.
Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
Work Environment: May work in a variety of environments including professional offices, clinics, hospitals, or out-patient facilities. They spend much of their time seated in a motorized vehicle and on their feet, actively working with patients. Noise level is moderate.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected