Recovery Support Specialist
The Recovery Support Specialist assists patients with substance abuse and mental health disorders, working under direction of clinical, nursing and medical staff. This includes assisting patients with daily schedules, leading patients in educational and recreational activities, and accompanying patients to and from examinations and treatments. Supports the delivery of individual client care.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Monitors patient activities, provides security checks throughout shift, completes documentation to include, but not limited to, rounds sheets and End of Shift reports; records patient behavior.
- Participates in direct patient care including ensuring patient safety and interacting therapeutically.
- Assists in the activities of patients’ daily schedule.
- Assists with de-escalation.
- Performs all aspects of patient belongings processing for new admissions and resulting from visitations, including search, debugging, and delivery.
- Assists patients with packing of belongings in preparation for discharge.
- Monitors patient activities at the Wellness Center.
- Partner with Clinical Coordinator to conduct a welcoming New Patient Orientation.
- Assists with all aspects of visitation program, including greeting, sign-in, orientation, search and belongings processing.
- Understands the principles of 12-Step Programs and how they apply to the recovery process of the addicted client.
- Aids and instructs clients in facilitation and presentation of the RCA Clinical Curriculum with corresponding notes in medical records system.
- Once DMV record is cleared for driving on-property, transports patients to and from appointments, Wellness Center as needed. Delivers/retrieves patient belongings to/from Car Barn.
- Is proficient with all technology hardware, company systems and tools required to perform duties.
- May be required to transport patients to and from appointments.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience of 1 year working in substance use disorder treatment preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with all technology hardware, systems and tools required to perform duties; training will be provided as needed.
- Familiarity with behavior modification and 12-step modality.
- Demonstrates appropriate confidentiality at all times when interacting with patients, residents, families, visitors, referral sources and all other contacts.
- Exhibits excellent customer relation skills as evidenced by supportive and constructive communication with all contacts including coworkers, patients, residents, visitors, families and referral sources.