The Grounds Monitor provides eyes on supervision of the site with the intent of identifying safety related concerns specific to patient interaction and the environment of the site with an ability to intervene as necessary or identify the proper assistance.
- Complete site rounding schedule as assigned by the Director of Operations to include both the interior and exterior of the facility.
- Identify areas of concern as evident by patient behavior and site environment
- Intervene with patients if safety becomes an issue as indicated by clinical recommendations
- Contact facilities and janitorial staff if an environment of care concern arises
- Assist with room, patient, K9, and bag searches as needed
- Review security footage as needed
- Contact authorities as needed
- Document incident reports as needed
- Respond to calls from nursing and RSS staff related to physical violence and emergency codes
- Has full understanding of fire codes and systems
- Will act as the shift lead in fire alarms and emergency alarms when leadership team is not present.
- Will provide transportation on the off hours (If needed)
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2 or more years of behavioral health experience
- Current Narcan, CPR, AED certifications required
- Ability to remain composed and decisive
- Background in law enforcement, security, or similar experience a plus